1. A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.
2. A good conscience is a continual Christmas.
3. A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one.
4. A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.
5. All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move.
6. As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence.
7. Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
8. By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
9. Creditors have better memories than debtors.
10. Diligence is the mother of good luck.
11. Do good to your friends to keep them, to your enemies to win them.