Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Tangled Web

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.” Sir Walter Scott

“A liar begins with making falsehood appear like truth, and ends with making truth itself appear like falsehood.” William Shenstone

“A lie which is a half truth is ever the blackest of lies.” Alfred Lord Tennyson

“Dishonesty is the raw material not of quacks only, but also in great part dupes.” Thomas Carlyle

“The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.” Adolf Hitler

“O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath.” William Shakespeare

“I do not mind lying, but I hate inaccuracy.” Samuel Butler

The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions. Leonardo da Vinci

“I do myself a greater injury in lying than I do him of whom I tell a lie.” Montaigne

“Who lies for you will lie against you.” John Locke

“There is nothing worse than words of kindness that lie.” Juvenal

No comments: