1. I love Abraham's Blog. Mine is therefore both imitation and memesis.
2. Eleven's half of twenty-two; maybe less than half as smart.
3. It's a number with both complexity and simplicity, elegance and symmetry .
4. It isn't ten or twelve. Nor is it three or seven.
5. It is short enough to impose a kind of rhetorical economy.
6. It's a fine editing device for prolific logophiles just like me.
7. It's a less-is-more strategy to get creative juices flowing.
8. It's Chestertonian: off-beat but not really off-the-beaten-path.
9. It's a puzzle. It's a garden of words. It's delectable didactae.
10. It's a way to say what I ought to say today.
11. It's a personal lectionary of grace, discipline, beauty, goodness, and truth.