1. Two Contents, Two Realities OK. So, technically this is not so much a book as a booklet. But, it has been a tremendous influence in the shaping of my credo.
2. How Should We then Live? This one book (and then later, the accompanying film series) helped me shift my interest in History toward a more Biblical Moral Philosophy—which has defined my life and calling ever since.
3. A Christian Manifesto For me, this book is courage personified.
4. Baptism This tiny pamphlet is what finally enabled me to make the move from Reformed Baptist to Reformed Presbyterian.
5. Whatever Happened to the Human Race I was pro-life before this book. I was a pro-life activist after this book.
6. The Great Evangelical Disaster This is the book that convinced me that I must be a committed churchman, not just a committed Christian.
7. The God Who Is There, Escape from Reason and He Is There and He Is Not Silent This trilogy was the gateway for me into substantive Biblical and Reformed theology.
8. True Spirituality This has been one of the most influential books in the mapping of my inner life.
9. No Little People This book introduced me to Dutch Reformed theological categories—and has served as a foundation for virtually all the work I have done through the years.
10. Art and the Bible This book helped lay the groundwork for my way of seeing—and thus, my whole approach to ministry.
11. The Mark of the Christian This book has served as a great check on everything I write, say, or do.