2. “Regardless of how large, your vision is too small.”
3. "It is only through faith that we can find our way to love, and only through love that we can find our way to obedience."
4. "Live with the high aim and purpose of one who is in training for eternity."
5. “Gargantuanism and the care of souls cannot coexist.”
6. "Repentance is not one act of the mind; it is a course of acting by which we die daily unto sin."
7. "Obstacles, setbacks, and difficulties are but opportunities for courage and tenacity. Great victories demand fierce resistance. Otherwise, they would not be great."
8. "I would pray unto watching--and watch unto praying."
9. "Let us standfast and contend earnestly for the faith once delivered; let us be manly and strenuous in the vindication thereof; and yet, let all our things be done with charity."
10. "It is not by irregular efforts, however gigantic, that any great practical achievement is overtaken. It is by the constant recurrence and repetition of small efforts directed to a given object, and resolutely sustained and persevered in."
11. "Let us be neither over-sanguine nor over-melancholy of immediate results. Our perspective of time is only slowly synchronized to the clock of providence."