1. Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.
2. Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
3. Seek not to understand that you may believe, but believe that you may understand.
4. Will is to grace as the horse is to the rider.
5. If you believe what you like in the Gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.
6. In the absence of true justice, what is a government’s sovereignty but organized robbery?
7. It is not the punishment but the cause that makes the martyr.
8. It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels.
9. Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.
10. The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
11. You have created us for Yourself, O Lord, and our heart cannot rest until it rests in You.