1. Regardless of how large, your vision is too small.
2. Gargantuanism and the care of souls cannot coexist.
3. Doubt both doubt and doubters.
4. The permanent things matter. The temporal things only matter to the degree that they are connected with the permanent things.
5. My God, save me from the peace which is no peace; let me have no peace without my Saviour or with my sin.
6. You always can do less than you think in five years and more than you think in fifty.
7. As in Algebra, it is not the ipsa corpora of quantity, but with its mere nominal representatives that we have to do.
8. Moral Philosophy stands to Christianity in the relation that Law does to Gospel, that the preaching of the Baptist did to that of Christ.
9. The Church of Jesus Christ will either multiply or divide.
10. Unforgiveness is the poison we drink hoping another will die.
11. Gospel preaching always requires great courage, both to execute and to tolerate, for it must ever needs be a running toward a lion’s roar.